Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cooking Club: Reuben Fold-Overs

It's me back on my own blog again. Emily and I's trick worked pretty well yesterday. You have to have some fun on Friday the 13th.

It is halfway through the month and I have not made any recipes from the Cooking Club yet. I had better get cooking. Here is the next recipe for August, this is the one I submitted for the month.

Reuben Fold-Overs
From Betttycrocker.com
(image from Bettycrocker.com)

Ingredients

  • 2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick mix
  • 3/4 cup boiling water
  • 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained
  • 2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
  • 8 thin slices cooked corned beef (about 8 oz)
  • 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and boiling water until dough forms. Divide dough into fourths. In small bowl, mix sauerkraut and dressing.
  2. For each sandwich, place one-fourth of dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix; roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Press dough into 6 1/2-inch round, 1/4 inch thick. Arrange 1/4 of the corned beef on dough to within 1/2 inch of edges, folding beef to fit if necessary. Top with 2 tablespoons of sauerkraut mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Fold sandwich in half; press edges with tines of fork to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Brush sandwiches with egg; sprinkle with caraway seed. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

5 comments:

  1. I've only made mine, so I'm not much more ahead of you. . . this coming week will be cooking club week for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE ruebens! Never thought to do a foldover. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Those look really good. Are they pretty easy to make? Maybe I can talk my husband in to making them for me!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis