Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cooking Club: Balsamic Rosemary Pork

This recipe was submitted by Melidee this month. It has so few ingredients and really was so easy; just make sure you buy the pork tenderloin when they are on sale. Within a week I saw the pork tenderloin range anywhere from $5.00 to $10.00. I like $5 much better. Everyone gobbled this one down.

Balsamic Rosemary Pork

2 tsp olive oil
1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut crosswise in 1/2" slices
1 TBSP fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 TBSP honey

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle pork with rosemary and salt and pepper. Add pork to pan and cook, 3 minutes per side or until done. Remove from pan and keep warm.

Combine broth, vinegar, and honey, stirring with a whisk. Add to pan, scraping up any browned bits. (I love that part...)Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 6 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Return pork to the pan and cook until thoroughly heated through.

******************
Melidee's notes:
I thought it sounded like a recipe I might find at Noodles. The honey surprised me, and I didn't expect it to taste as sweet as it did, but we liked it. I was cooking some hot noodles to go with it, and at the last second, I just combined the noodles into the skillet with the sauce and meat, and then threw in a big handful of fresh spinach. While I was at it, I topped it off with some Monterrey Jack cheese, and presto! The one-pot Fast Sunday dinner!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe next week...for Fast Sunday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd share this absolutely delicious recipe with you, seeing that you don't take the culinary arts for granted: http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/showlink.aspx?bookmarkid=TW02DN4QHSG1&preview=article&linkid=f062fe49-3826-4eac-a937-7a83115c6ed3&pdaffid=ZVFwBG5jk4Kvl9OaBJc5%2bg%3d%3d

    Happy spring
    MediaMentions


    After lent, maybe?

    P.S. Definitely trying the recipe tonight, I even have all the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds nice. Pork and pasta go great together. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis